Looking for the best car insurance in Birmingham?
Our team can help you get multiple Birmingham car insurance quotes
Our team can help you get the best Birmingham car insurance at the best rate
Getting car insurance might not sound like the most fun thing in the world. Maybe you’ve been putting it off or dreading how much your insurance will cost. You need auto insurance that’s going to be there for you - anything can happen on the road, and you need to protect yourself from the risk of driving.
The good news is that our Birmingham Insurance team can help you get Birmingham car insurance quotes, and we can make the process easy and painless. Our goal is to help you hit the road with peace of mind.
You’ve got to get multiple quotes for Birmingham car insurance to find the best coverage at the best rate.
It’s important to compare prices and coverages when you’re considering which insurance plan is right for you. Our team can help you do that by shopping for your rates. We’ll go over your coverage options with you so that you know you’ve got car insurance that will be there for you - and that you’re getting the Birmingham auto insurance you need at a great rate. Every policy is different, but our insurance experts can help you break
Why do I need Birmingham car insurance?
What makes car insurance expensive (or cheap)?
- Auto liability insurance helps cover your legal obligations to someone that you injure or whose property you damage in an accident.
- Bodily injury liability helps cover things like the costs of the other driver’s medical bills and lost wages from their time off work.
- Property damage liability helps cover the cost of repairing or replacing the other driver’s car if you’re at-fault in an accident. (It can also cover other property that you happen to damage.)
- Collision coverage, just like the name implies, can help you repair or replace your car if you’re in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage can help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your car if it’s damaged by something other than an accident, such as a fire, theft, vandalism, or falling objects (like trees.)
- Medical payments coverage can provide money for your medical bills and those of your passengers if you’re in a car accident.
- Uninsured motorist (UM)/underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage can protect you if a driver who does not have insurance (UM insurance) or who does not have enough insurance (UIM insurance) to cover the costs of damages hits you.
What’s a car insurance deductible?
Your deductible is the amount you agree to pay if you have a claim. For example, let’s say that you’ve set your deductible at $1,000. Then you have a $6,000 claim. Your insurance company would pay $5,000 and you would pay $1,000.
When you choose your deductible, you need to consider how much money you can comfortably afford to put towards a claim. You should consider your disposable income, your available savings, and the value of your car when you think about your deductible.
The higher you set your deductible, the lower your premium. That’s because you’re less likely to file a claim. If you’re financially comfortable setting your deductible at, say, $1,000 instead of $500, you could see some savings in your premium. However, you don’t want to set your deductible so high that it would be a financial burden to pay if you had a claim. You have to find the balance between deductible and premium.
Quick tips to save money on your car insurance
- Raise your deductible if you’re able to do so.
- Be a safe driver and avoid tickets and accidents.
- Take advantage of discounts that you qualify for.
- Consider bundling your home and auto insurance.
- Choose a safe, reliable vehicle to drive.
- Shop around and compare rates for your auto insurance.
Need an auto insurance quote & live in the Birmingham, Alabama area?
Shop and save on your Birmingham car insurance.
Want to get multiple quotes to compare rates for car insurance? That’s what we do. Partner up with Birmingham Insurance and you’ve got an insurance partner who’s got your back and who will be there for you for all of your insurance needs. All you have to do to get in touch is fill out our quote form or give us a call today.