Have questions about your home, auto, or business insurance?
Our team can help you get multiple Alabama insurance quotes
Ideally, you would have enough home insurance to do three things:
- Rebuild your home from the ground up (including the costs of clean-up and construction.)
- Replace all of your personal belongings.
- Cover your liability risks.
Every home is different and every family is different, so you need a unique insurance plan that will suit your needs and protect you from the risks you face. Our team would be happy to discuss your particular home insurance situation and the coverages you need.
Is flooding covered by home insurance?
No. Flooding due to heavy rain or a water source overflowing its banks is not covered by home insurance. You would need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy in order to protect your home from flooding. Reach out to our team to find out more about getting a flood insurance policy to protect your home.
How can I save money on home insurance?
Here are a few things you can do to save money on home insurance:
- Consider bundling your home and auto insurance.
- Take advantage of home insurance discounts.
- Raise your deductible if you’re financially able to do so.
- Take steps to make your home safer or stronger (i.e. adding a burglar alarm system, updating your electrical system, getting a new roof.)
- Review your insurance needs annually.
- Keep your agent informed about any life changes (such as getting married) and changes to your home.
- Shop around and compare coverages and prices.
What losses are not covered by home insurance?
Certain losses simply are not covered by your typical home insurance policy. Here are some common exclusions. This list is not exhaustive, and all exclusions depend on your policy.
- Water damage.
- Sewage backup. (You can add this coverage to your policy.)
- Vacant property.
Liability insurance will not cover the costs of repairing or replacing your car if it’s damaged.
In order to protect your own car against losses, you would need collision and comprehensive insurance. Collision coverage can repair or replace your vehicle if you’re in an accident. Comprehensive coverage can cover the cost of repairs to your vehicle if something other than an accident causes damage - it usually covers losses such as fire, theft, vandalism, and falling objects (such as trees.)
A tree fell on my car. Am I covered?
If you have comprehensive insurance on your vehicle, you should be covered. However, if you do not have comprehensive coverage, you will most likely not be covered. Remember, liability insurance will not cover damage to your car.
If I’m in an accident and have to rent a car while mine’s in the shop, am I covered for the cost of the rental?
You would have to add rental reimbursement to your policy in order for the cost of the rental car to be covered. It’s not automatically covered. Be sure to ask the agent assisting you about rental reimbursement coverage if you want these expenses to be covered by your insurance.
What happens if I get hit by a driver who does not have insurance?
There is a type of coverage you can add to your policy that will help you out in this situation. It’s called Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage (or UM/UIM coverage.) Uninsured coverage protects you if the driver who hit you does not have insurance and underinsured motorist coverage protects you if the driver does not have enough insurance to cover the expenses they’re legally obligated to give you.
How much does business insurance cost?
The price of business insurance depends on many factors. No two businesses are the same - they face different risks and need different types of coverage. Some details about your business that affect the cost of your business insurance are…
- Your location
- The number of employees you have
- Your premises
- Your income
- What type of business you have/What industry you’re in
- How many years you’ve been in business
- Your loss history
The best way to get an accurate idea of exactly how much business insurance will cost for your company is to get a business insurance quote. Our team would be happy to help you get multiple Birmingham business insurance quotes so you can compare coverages and prices.
What is a Business Owner’s Policy?
A Business Owner’s Policy, or BOP, allows small and medium-sized businesses to package their general liability and property insurance into one policy. It can help small business owners save money on their insurance because it can be less expensive than buying each coverage individually.
BOPs can include business interruption insurance, and you can add other coverages that you might need for your business. Talk to an agent today to find out if a BOP is a good fit for you.
How do I get a business insurance quote?
Getting a quote is easy when you work with our Birmingham Insurance team. Here’s how the process works:
- You fill out our online form.
- We receive the form and one of our agents reaches out to you. You have a chat with them about your business so they understand the risks you face and the coverages you need.
- Your agent goes shopping for quotes, getting Birmingham business insurance quotes from top-rated carriers.
- Your agent will go over the coverage options and pricing with you and you select the option that’s right for you.
- We’re here for you to assist with any of your insurance needs.